1) I minister on four passages of scripture under a method called Faith Healing. It is called Faith Healing because you must exercise your Faith to receive healing, but I also exercise Faith on your behalf.
2) I am not the healer – Jesus is. Therefore, those coming to me for healing must look beyond me and see Jesus.
3) Faith Healing is not the only way to be healed. I know of seven different ways to be healed, but this is the primary way the Holy Spirit uses me in Ministry.
4) In order to be healed in this method, you have to know that it is God’s Will that you be healed.
5) It is not enough to know that God can heal you if He wants to; you have to know that He does want to.
6) You have to know that it is His Will for you to be healed, because faith can only be exercised where the Will of God is known.
7) In other words, if you don’t know that God wants to heal you, how can you exercise faith to believe that He will?
8) You might hope that he will, but hoping is not faith. The only way you can do that is to know God’s Will. The only place where we can find God’s will is in His Word. God’s Will is His Word. (The Bible)
9) Let me show you two passages of scripture, out of many, that will show that it is the Will of God for you to be healed.
10) The first passage we look at is Mathew 8:17: “That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Prophet Isaiah saying...”He Himself took our infirmities And bore our sicknesses”.
11) Please note that it says: “He Himself took our infirmities, and bore our sicknesses.” It is obvious that if He took them Himself, that He does not want us to have them. If he did want us to have them, He wouldn’t have taken them!”
12) The second scripture is 1 Peter 2:24: “Who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we having died to sins, might live for righteousness - By whose strips you were healed. (39 stripes on His Back represent 39 Major Diseases in the world).
13) The word “were” is past tense and it indicates that as far as God is concerned, we are already healed. Not going to be healed, but were healed.
14) We have to know that, believe that, and by faith receive it, and then it becomes yours personally. Now when it says that “by His stripes you were healed”, it refers to when Jesus was beaten and whipped by the Romans with a leather whip.
15) The heavenly Father then saw every major disease of Man-kind transferred (symbolically) to the body of Jesus thru the lashes of the whip.
16) Then they took him to Calvary and killed Him. When they killed him, they killed the sickness and diseases. That why in the bible it says “By His Stripes you were healed”.
17) The third scripture we look at explains why I lay hands on the sick. The laying on of hands is one of God’s accepted methods by which His Healing Power is released on your behalf.
18) When I lay hands on you, it becomes a channel through which His Healing Power flows to your body. With that in mind, look at the words of Mark: 16:17-18. “And these signs will follow them that believe; In my name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
19) Notice it says those signs will follow them that believe……”In My name,…….they will lay hands on the sick and they will recover.” So if you are sick, you qualify for this. I am one of those who believes, I have hands, so I qualify to minister. That means that we can expect it to work, because we meet the qualifications.
ACCORDING TO YOUR FAITH: Jesus said, “……they will recover,” so there is no way that I can tell you how long it may take because I don’t know the level of your Faith is at any particular time in your spiritual growth and development. It’s the Faith that releases the healing power of God. There is a case of the woman with the flow of blood for twelve years (Mark 5:25-34). Consider the verse 34: “and He said to her, daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction.”
20) In Mark 11: 24: It says “Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.” At the very moment you pray, believe that you receive your healing. He says “When you Pray, believe that you receive them………Them what? Them desires, in this case your healing!.
21) After you have prayed and believed that you have received them, the most natural thing to say after I pray for you and lay hands on you is “Father I thank you. I believe that I received my healing and therefore I believe that I am healed.
22) You are making a confession of Faith. You are not saying that you know that you are healed; you are not saying that you look like you are healed; you are saying, “I believe that I am healed.”
23) God’s Word then becomes your evidence, not your physical body. God’s Word says that with His Stripes, you were healed, so that is your evidence. You need to continue making that confession until the manifestation comes.
24) Let’s look at Mark 11:23 about our confession, and Proverbs 18:21.